shabby

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Get ready for a long one

It has been too long I really wanted to try and document this all better but right now I'm waiting for my Internet to come in the mail so I can only post at work and I have been off work for six days for all of this. So I will start with the Egg retrieval it went really really good! I was pretty scared I was going to ovulate before we could get the eggs. I was scheduled to ovulate at 10:15 and it was like 10:05 already by the time the doctor came in to do a quick ultrasound and there they were!! After that it all went pretty fast I was pretty much rushed down the hall to the surgery room and they shooed my husband off to do his oh so awful part JK I told him he better not complain once and that I would much rather go in the bathroom and feel good then where I went to LOL. So once I got in their it was pretty crazy and intense. I have never done anything like this the most surgical procedure I have ever gotten was getting my wisdom teeth out and I just did that like four months ago waited until I was 23 because I'm a big baby and scared of doctors and dentists ha ha. So we get in their and I get all hooked up and strapped in spread eagle style. The anesthesiologist tells me its a conscious sedation. What!!?? I do not want to be awake at all he then reassured me I would not remember or feel anything so they get the IV in and I'm laying there like well I sure hope I am going to sleep more then this I tell them. He starts to laugh and says the good stuff has not been put in yet thank goodness! All I know next is I was waking up in the recovery room with my husband standing there. We got all three eggs. The next day was horrible waiting for the call. We had no clue if his sperm would even fertilize an egg. So when the phone started ringing at 8:30 am the next day I was scared shitless to answer it. Of course I did answer it and OMG we have two embryos that worked right!! I could not believe it I honestly didn't know if we would ever ever make it this far. I was so grateful to even make it past the egg retrieval because I know well by other stories a lot of women don't even make it that far and its just so sad. So now we wait again for the next day transfer was at 10:45 am Friday the 6th. We didn't hear anymore so I figured no news was good news in this case. We showed up and go to see our babies!!!! Incredible indescribable to finally see what you have been trying so hard to get done. Science is amazing that is all I can say. So according to them they like to see 4 cells by day two we transferred two embryos. One was a 4 cell grade AB which they seemed to be really happy with and then another 2 cell grade BC which I was worried about but they told me it was normal and diving still and can still be viable. Now we wait I have been pretty calm and relaxed. Stayed home for three days after on bed rest and now I'm back at work. It was really boring I really feel for all the people that cant get out of bed. So as of right now I feel good nothing different besides my butt is really bruised from the lovely progesterone shots. They aren't so bad really though as long as I have my heating pad I'm good its looks are a different story looks like someone beat my poor butt up ha ha but I will take it if it gets me a baby. Were so hopeful either way we have never made it this far before and I'm so grateful we got to make it to transfer I know not everyone even gets this far. Send out some good vibes I do have pics to post but it will have to come later I should probably get to work!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment