shabby

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Camping and 12 weeks

We thought it was a good idea to go camping in Moab ha ha and it was a pretty good time but oh my goodness if you have never been camping in Moab there is NO shade like none just basically in the million degree weather in the desert with pretty canyons around you. It was soooo hot I thought I would melt and die. We went with a good group of friends but my goodness I really just wanted to leave and go swimming in a nice cold pool. It was really pretty and we all brought our dogs which was an event in itself lol. I thought I could make a simple 1.5 mile hike to a pretty arch figured it would be no problem. Then we started walking and walking and it was ten hundred degrees out and the dogs could barely make it I stopped and thought hmmm maybe this is not a safe idea for a pregnant lady to be doing. The poor dogs were stopping at any tiny little shade spot they could find and would lay down and be like okay were done then I spotted a very pregnant lady and was like well gosh if she can do it and make it and be that pregnant I guess its okay lol well made it around the corner and was done I was just too hot we had water but I was dying so I made my husband and our two dogs that were more than happy to be leaving to an air conditioned truck leave and go back to camp. I have a two year old pitbull and she loves to play and run and chase anything anyone throws well the guys were playing frisbee for a while and she just ran and chased that thing for hours straight sure enough she starts limping and im like way to go dog hurt yourself because you're obsessed with chasing things. She was still trying to chase her ball and could not even walk. I thought she was just sore but after awhile we thought we better check her to make sure she was not hurt and sure enough she had literally ran holes through three of her paws pretty much like a road rash it looked terrible we tried to use gauze and patch it up but she was just miserable so we packed up a day early and went home. I was so happy to be home though nice cold house with shade and comfortable bed. So ya never going camping in Moab again ha ha maybe stay in a hotel but camping no thanks. I will stick to my pretty canyon with lots of trees and shade to camp in! Well yesterday we had our 12 week appointment with my new midwife. Oh my gosh I loved her she is so awesome and is so much better then the OB was. It was a totally different experience I am so glad I decided to switch. I was not supposed to get an ultrasound but she was like well you deserve to see that baby again I was so happy and she wheeled in the dinosaur aka super old pos ultrasound machine ha ha but still there was my now fully developed baby with arms and legs kicking up a storm and touching its cute little face I could not believe that this early and they fully look like babies already its so crazy! So technically I am into my second trimester which feels so good I have not gotten sick for a week now and I just all around am feeling better about things turning out okay. I am so proud of my baby for growing so good and making it through all the chances and obstacles what a fighter we have already. I wish I could have gotten pictures but we did schedule an early gender scan I will be almost 15 weeks and we should get a good idea of what this little baby is I can not wait!!!! Its for the 31st this whole thing is just going to fast now I am already 1/3 done with it and we just started it seems I just cant wait to do the nursery I have been dreaming of this for years and finally we are going to be able to do it ahhh I am so thankful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment