shabby

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Really a One month old?!

Seriously someone slap me I cant even believe it. This past month flew by its just crazy how fast the days go when they all blur into each other. I am doing pretty good postpartum still bleeding a little bit but its almost finally done. I did end up tearing a little bit so that is still healing but I am feeling much more back to normal as the days go on. Breastfeeding is going really well I feel lucky I got such a good little latcher he knew what to do right from the beginning I did end up using a shield for the first two weeks but now we are doing great without it. The boob is by far his favorite thing ever. I cant get over that I have a one month old son it still feels very surreal. He is getting a little better with sleeping its still kind of all over the place I don't think we will try to establish a routine until he is at least two months old maybe three I just dont want to push him too soon. I ended up taking him back to the doctors he has been getting very upset in the evenings and we just didnt know if he was getting sick or what but we lucked out he is one of those colic babies ha ha figures after spending 20 grand just to get him and then another 12 grand to have him and then four days in the nicu colic is just the icing on top but we are so grateful for him we don't care either way but let me tell you its a challenge to listen to your baby scream for hours and nothing you do helps him it breaks my heart and I cry right a long with him. He has good days too though actually more good then bad so its all okay and only temporary. At the doctors my little chubster weighed 9.7 crazy how fast he is growing and that was almost a week okay. He is slowly outgrowing his newborn clothes but still is too small for a lot of the 0-3 months so were just wearing what works right now. He is starting to be more aware of his surroundings and love to stare at pictures on the wall and gets overstimulated if he catches the tv we try to turn him away from it and he will strain his little head so hard and get mad its adorable. He loves bath time its got to be right up there with the boob for him. I am just so happy and in love with my little boy and cant wait for his first Christmas here its just amazing to finally be in this place I am so thankful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment