shabby

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A miracle was born

Lets see how far I can get on this before little man wakes up. Its hard to even remember what day it is so I am glad I am getting time to finally write the birth story out before I forget completely. I had my 40 week appointment Monday November 24 which was my due date. I was all for continuing the pregnancy and hoping he would decide to come on his own. I went in and things were good his heart rate was good measured on track and things looked fine. I had asked the midwife if we could start doing non stress tests and have an ultrasound just to make sure he looked happy enough to keep going a couple more weeks. She thought it was a good idea and said they would have sent me friday anyways to be checked on but I am very very glad I asked to go that monday. I got to the hospital and of course he passed the nst very fast he was always an active boy and heart rate was always very good only took about 20 minutes. Then came the ultrasound it had been a long time since I seen him on one and he took up all the space but I could tell when she was checking the fluid that something didnt look right he looked very cramped in there and it seemed she had a hard time measuring any fluid at all. Sure enough I took the card with the results back to the nurse and she just said uh oh. I am so glad I did this as it could have ended up fatal his chance of cord compression was very high my poor baby had less then a 3 of fluid left he was pretty much out for who knows how long. I am so thankful I can look over and see him sleeping in his swing. After that it all got pretty serious I was to be induced immediately and they talked a lot about a c-section if he looked at all like he was compressing the cord during contractions that was going to happen fast. At this point I didnt care about my birth plan or all the efforts I put into having a natural birth the hypnobabies went right out the window all I wanted was for my baby boy to get here alive and healthy. I was only dilated to a two and about 80% thinned I really hoped I didnt have to have the c section but again I didnt care if that was the case. They started me on the cirvidil they gave me one dose and that really kicked me into labor I started having tons of contractions and I was happy it looked like I was going to be able to stay away from the pitocin. I made it 12 hours without the epidural but the contractions were right on top of eachother and they were getting worried because my poor little boy was not getting good enough breaks in between them this and no fluid his cord was getting smashed each time and he was starting to get tired my little fighter boy. The first decel in his heart rate happened and I had never been so scared in my whole life I swear I could hear that heartbeat sound for days after I had him. He was always quick to bring it back up but at this point I got the epidural I was so scared I would have to have the c section and without an epidural they would have just knocked me out all the way and my husband would not have been able to go. So I got the epidural and was very upset and sad the whole time I just felt like this all was going so fast and it was so so scary. Finally around 1130 am the next day on the 25th I was finally at a ten. My poor boy had a few more decels but they said as long as he looks like he is bouncing back fine and stays like that we were able to avoid the c section. They let me stay complete for about an hour to help the contractions push him down further. I started to push at about noon. I could not believe I was finally going to meet this little boy who we fought so hard for it was all so surreal. This part was probably the scariest for me each contraction I would push so hard then after we would wait to hear the heartbeat come back on and I got so sick I was throwing up I was just so worried his cord was going to get smashed I pushed with everything I had I didnt care how bad I tore I just wanted him out. Finally at 1:49 pm my little boy was born and it was amazing and scary and so many emotions I dont think I could ever get out in words. I held him and he seemed like he was having trouble crying he had a lot of stuff in his lungs so he went to the respiratory guy to get some of it out. Finally then handed me my sweet boy and I just couldnt believe we did it he was here and alive and all ours. We had about five minutes of pure joy before everything temporarily came crashing down which is for the second time that day that was the scariest of my life. My little boy started going a dusky color and the nurse wanted him to go to the nursery to check his oxygen so off him and my husband went. I was stuck getting put all back together and just waiting patiently for them to come back. Well minutes turned into hours and finally I was able to try to get up and go pee so they could wheel me down I had no idea what was going on I was expecting them to be right back. Finally I was able to go see him and it was the hardest thing in the world he was all hooked up to monitors and they already had an IV in his poor little arm. I couldnt stand it it was by far the worst moment of my life my poor little guy had too much fluid in his lungs he couldnt breath through it all. Of course this could have ended up much worse my heart truly goes out to those mothers who have to watch thier babies fight for months in the nicu I cant imagine that three days was enough for me to lose my mind. They ran all kind of tests on him just to make sure there was nothing else going on and they ended up putting him on the cpap for just a few hours to try and get that fluid cleared up they called it transient I guess it happens quite often and I thank god nothing was seriously wrong with him he was healthy just needed a little help transitioning to breathing. Thankfully after three days we got to take our little miracle home I was so scared for him not to be on the monitors I was afraid he would stop breathing for some reason that first week home was hell I was so glad to have him but I cried constantly and didnt sleep at all. I am happy to say it has gotten much much better and he is now three weeks old and still not much sleep but now its because he is a hungry boy and I am all for waking up all night long to feed him and love on him. My birth was not what I expected at all but in the end im just glad I got to take my baby home and I am doing good also I did tare a little bit so that has been the most painful but im feeling better and better each day I am already back down to my pre baby weight and looking much more normal. I love this little boy something fierce and I hope everyone who is still trying does not give up its harder then anything but this little miracle is worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment