shabby

Saturday, August 16, 2014

A trip to L&D

So Thursday started off just awesome by me falling down my carpeted stairs on my butt. I slid down about five of them and had a sore butt and back but I didnt think too much of it really and finished getting ready for work. Once I got to work I decided I better call my midwife and let them know just in case they wanted me to come for a check up or something. Well apparently its a huge deal to fall even if its not a bad one and your butt takes the brunt of it. They told me I needed to go the the hospital asap for monitoring. So luckily I work for the hospital so I just ran up to L&D and figured it would be no big deal they got me all hooked up. Baby boy looks good great heart rate so I was relieved to see that. Next thing I know nurse is coming in telling me I am going to have to stay for 24 hours because I have an irritable uterus. So off to do my own research I go to see if it was this huge crazy ordeal they were making it out to be. Well its absolutely normal to have one and the contractions were barley even ones that could count baby boy was so active every time he bounced around it was showing a contraction on the monitor. I ended up letting them run a few tests and check my cervix. Tests came back negative for going into labor in the next two weeks and cervix was closed. The contractions were most likely just regular normal braxton hicks I could not even feel them. So after about 8 hours and being pressured to admit myself and take all these medications I signed the waiver to leave against medical advice. You would have thought the world was going to end because I was not letting them take everything over I seriously never want to go to the hospital again im terrified of what its going to be like to have this baby in one. Thankfully im going to a different hospital that is not so intervention friendly. Once I got home I stayed in bed for pretty much 24 hours just to be sure my body was doing what it should and now here I am today feeling great and little man is just kicking up a storm as usual. It was a terrible experience and im glad to be okay and more importantly he is okay and not coming anytime soon! I am going to have to be more careful with my steps though they really are slippery with the carpet my husband has even fallen down them. I cant wait for this little boy to get here we are planning the baby shower its happening Aug 30th I am so excited I can hardly stand it. His room is pretty much finished also I cant wait to post pictures it turned out amazing everything I had imagined. 25 weeks 5 days today going strong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment